I just discovered a very simple yet quite lovely gumpaste flower to do. It’s perfect to fill the space between big flowers on a cake/cupcake. Hope you enjoy these easy steps, and please don’t forget to share your work with me.
Equipment and Material for One Flower
- white gumpaste
- 5-petal cutter
- 10cm wire
- ball tool
- pointed ball tool
- rolling pin
- foam board
1. Roll the white gumpaste to about 1-2 mm thickness, leaving a small stub of 5 mm in the middle.
2. Cut the rolled gumpaste with the 5-petal cutter by positioning the stub in the middle.
3. Gently roll the edge and the middle of each petal with the ball tool to form a slight curve.
4. Bend one end of the wire into a small hook.
5. Put the wire through the middle of the flower until the hook is inside the stub.
6. Use you fingers to roll the stub into cone shape along the wire.
7. Use the pointed ball tool to make a small hole in the middle of the flower.
8. Roll the white gumpaste into a tiny ball and put it in the hole.
There you have a finished 5-petal flower. Very easy and pretty lovely as well!