Thailand’s Mother’s Day falls on the twelfth day of August in every year as it is the birthday of Her Majesty the Queen, whom Thai people respect as our own mother. Here we use blue colour and jasmine flower to represent this auspicious and lovely occasion.
Blue colour is the colour of Friday, which is HM the Queen’s birthday, while jasmine has very sweet and lovely fragrance and its white colour signifies purity. Therefore, it represents the never-ending, true, sweet love that mother always has for us.
Of course, just buying jasmines from the market won’t be special enough for my mom. So, I decided to make them from gum paste for her. If you’re to follow this how-to, I strongly advise you to add a little bit of jasmine extract to your gum paste. That way you’ll have something very close to jasmine but even sweeter for your most beloved woman on earth.
Follow this easy how-to to create your sweet flower.
1. Roll out jasmine-scented white gum paste into a very thin sheet. Then use the 5-petal flower cutter to cut out 2 pieces of flowers for each jasmine you would like to make.
2. Smooth out the edge of each petal with a ball tool.
3. Drag the ball tool from the edge of the petal inside toward the center to curl up the petal. Repeat with all petals.
4. Glue two flowers together with water, egg white, or edible glue.
6. Press down at the green center with a small ball tool to make a shallow hole.
7. Shape the back of the flower to make it look natural.
8. Leave the flower to dry in shape for at least 1 hour.
Here’s the pictures of my finished cupcakes. They are also available for advanced order. Just allow me 2 days and you’ll have something special, sweet, and yummy for your mom. Cheers!